These articles describe the Endeavour open source technologies and services.
The technologies and services cover the following areas
- Decision support services, for example calculating risks of heart disease or stroke
- Information models describing the Endeavour information model approach encompassing ontologies, data models, value sets, and queries
- Ontology services for using and managing ontologies , data models, value sets
- Query and data set services for maintaining feature and query libraries
- Address matching and UPRN allocation for single individuals, households or large populations.
- Health record APIs. Describes a set of APIs for accessing health records using FHIR.
All of these services have live and development deployments and are free to access.
They all operate in three ways:
- Use of web or online user interfaces to enable users to use the services directly. Provides viewing or downloading facilities
- User of Web APIs for systems to interoperate so that the resources can be used as part of an integrated offering
- Local implementations whereby local code APIs are used instead of Web APIs.
These technologies form part of a broader set technologies, many of which have been used by a large scale NHS London Data linkage and normalisation Service Known as Discovery, covering a population of 7 million registered citizens.