Welcome to the Endeavour Health knowledge base
These articles describe the various technologies underpinning the Endeavour and Discovery open source systems and related operational services which are currently live.
What is Endeavour - Discovery?
Endeavour - Discovery is based on the hypothesis that; If health related data is brought together at the level of the individual in close to real time, and stored together at the level of a medium size residential population, and made available via a common data model as part of a common ontology, and then subsequently used for individual and population based decision support, great benefits to health can accrue.
Endeavour- Discovery is a set of specially developed technologies. These have been developed as open source and available for anyone to use.
Endeavour - Discovery forms the basis of an NHS owned data service called the Discovery data service, operating across the city of London, covering a residential population of 7.5 million citizens. The service seeks to use data as close as possible to its original entry form as entered by health professionals or the citizen themselves, and to use that data as close to real time as the publishers of that data can make available.
These articles provide information about the software used by Endeavour- Discovery and the information modelling processes that these support.
- Health Information model - An overview of the approach to the Discovery information model, the purpose, and type of content.
- Modelling language - The W3C standard languages used to build the various components of the information models
- Mapping concepts and transforming published data - Introduces the approaches to matching and mapping concepts and the structural maps used in transforming published data,
- Architectures - A high level overview of the architectures that the technologies contribute to
- GitHub repositories - descriptions and information relating to the application source code, .
- London Discovery data service. Provides information about the London NHS service that are based on these technologies.
- ASSIGN - UPRN. An address matching application and service that matches addresses held in source systems in various forms, to the addresses made available under license by the Ordnance Survey and Post office, including the assigning of a URPN. The application and service has been jointly developed by the Endeavour Health Charitable trust and Queen Mary's University of London and the Clinical effectiveness Group (CEG)
- Information model services - the technical services , such as APIs and apps that enable an model instance to be used or to implement an EHR based on the model or particular data model
- Get Structured Record API - returns a complete patient record in a structured format following GP and Care Connect standards.
- Sextant - A data set distribution service with an option to post the data directly into the recipients database.
- Data Distribution services that distribute daily weekly or adhoc small data sets from the Discovery core data stores with examples from 2020
These articles provide information about the applications that have been by the technologies
- Information model manager - an application designed to provide a view of the common information model, concept sets, value sets and query definitions and support the authoring of the content of the model.
- Monitoring and alerting - provides an overview of the monitoring and alert systems in place.
- Data Sharing manager- DSM provides a visual representation of data that is being shared and processed and by which organisations, regions, and/or services.
- ASSIGN- UPRN address matching application - a web based application that matches single or batches of hand entered address to authoritative addresses and assigns a unique property reference number.