Welcome to the Endeavour Health knowledge base
These articles describe the various technologies underpinning the Endeavour open source technologies which have been adopted and used by a large scale NHS London Data linkage and normalisation Service covering a population of 7 million registered citizens.
Health Record Data Service and Health Information model
The health record data service is based on the hypothesis that; If health related data is brought together at the level of the individual in close to real time, and stored together at the level of a medium size residential population, and made available via a common data model as part of a common ontology, and then subsequently used for individual and population based decision support, great benefits to health can accrue.
The service uses technologies that consist of a set of components that link near real time data from millions of records from thousands of provider organisations, with scores of different formats and code systems and converts them to a single common information model, made up of a super ontology, a data model, ,maps between source data and the common model, sets of concepts sets and value sets for query, and query libraries.
All components are open source and are themselves built from open source and open standards such as the semantic web languages, JSON-LD and RESTful APIs. The ontology uses the NHS core ontologies of Snomed-CT and the NHS Data Dictionary, supplemented to accommodate the many local codes and text expressions.
Information model Components
- Health Information model - An overview of the approach to the Health information model, the purpose, and type of content.
- Information model language - The Semantic Web languages used to build the various components of the information models
- Information model meta model. The class model (shapes model) of the classes used to hold the model content.
- Mapping concepts and transforming published data - Introduces the approaches to matching and mapping concepts and the structural maps used in transforming published data,
- Architectures - A high level overview of the architectures that the technologies contribute to
- GitHub repositories - descriptions and information relating to the application source code, .
Applications and APIs
These articles provide information about the applications that have been by the technologies
- Information model applications and services - the applications and technical services , such as APIs and apps that enable an model instance to be used or to implement an EHR based on the model or particular data model
- get Structured Record APIs - returns a project specific patient record in a structured format using FHIR standards.
- Monitoring and alerting - provides an overview of the monitoring and alert systems in place.
- Data Sharing manager- DSM provides a visual representation of data that is being shared and processed and by which organisations, regions, and/or services.
- ASSIGN- UPRN address matching application - a web based application that matches single or batches of hand entered address to authoritative addresses and assigns a unique property reference number.
- Alert Generator - APIs that generates a patient alert based on a query, sends a notification to recipients and provides recipients with access to a web application to view the content of the record according to the data set
- Data Distribution services that distribute daily weekly or adhoc small data sets from the linked core data stores with examples from 2020